Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Live Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Meandering Maine went live today, but our official launch will be January 1, 2010. 

MM & Henry 032

My name is Rachael Umstead and I am the creator and owner of Meandering Maine™.  Meandering Maine™ supports the advancement of connecting the community of Maine, people who love Maine, Maine businesses, the students of Maine and the natural resources of Maine.

My goal is to give residents and visitors a unique perspective on Maine and everything it has to offer.  Information can be obtained by searching for  Region, County or Category which is then displayed on an interactive Map with additional information about the location or business.  There is also a blog with entries submitted by professional Maine photographers and writing by talented Maine authors.  But mostly you will see photos and text from local Maine students, aspiring Maine photographers and writers, and just plain lovers of Maine.  We all want to show you a different side of Maine.

In owning a storefront for over 4 years with my husband in Camden I was constantly asked for new and different things to do in Maine.  I loved helping people with these ideas and the Meandering Maine idea was born.  I hope you learn something new about this amazing and plentiful state by visiting www.meanderingmaine.com and I look forward to your ideas of a business or location I should feature.